Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I set up an account with Royal River Trading
It's easy! Please Click Here to register for an account. You will need a Tax ID # or a resale certificate. Once this information is provided, along with all of your contact information, your submission and account will be reviewed.
- Does Royal River Trading sell directly to consumers?
No – Royal River Trading sells only to other businesses. The Cuddledown® brand is sold directly to consumers by Cuddledown.com.
- Does Royal River Trading require MAP pricing?
Yes – It is required that you follow MAP pricing to maintain the integrity of the Cuddledown brand.
- Can I advertise the Cuddledown brand?
The Cuddledown brand can only be advertised upon approval by Royal River Trading and Cuddledown.
- Does Royal River Trading drop ship?
Royal River Trading has an excellent drop ship program for qualified customers.
- Does Royal River Trading ship to residential addresses?
Yes – We ship to both residential and commercial addresses.
- How much will my freight cost?
As a part of a larger corporation our freight rates are very competitive; the cost is calculated at the time of shipment.
- How fast will my order ship?
Royal River Trading normally ships orders within 6-12 business days. Our manufactured goods such as pillows, comforters, and featherbeds are made to order, and may require an additional 2-3 business days to ship.
- What happens if an item is out of stock?
You can then contact a sales specialist and request a substitution or we will be happy to keep your item on order and ship it once it's in stock.
- What forms of payments do you accept?
We accept Visa, Mastercard, Discover and American Express. Customers may also apply for Net 30 terms; You will need to complete a credit application and submit it to Service@RRTMaine.com. The credit application process takes 7-10 business days.
- Are your comforters constructed with baffle boxes or are they sewn through?
Fabric baffles are sewn in our Oversized Queen and Oversized King sizes. These fabric baffles keep the top and bottom fabrics from touching. All other comforters have sewn-through box stitching for evenly distributed fill.
- How do your duvet covers close?
Duvet covers have a hidden button closure as well as interior corner ties. To keep the comforter and duvet cover secure, simply tie the corner ties to the fabric loops that are sewn onto each comforter.
- What is the difference between goose and duck down?
In general, duck down clusters tend to be smaller with lower fill power. Goose down clusters tend to be larger, with higher fill power.
- What is your most popular pillow firmness?
Our most popular pillow firmness is Medium -- perfect for most side and back sleepers. To learn more, please see our Pillow Guide.
How is the down alternative fill different from down in terms of feel and breathability?
Our down alternative fill is manufactured to have the look and feel of lofty down, with fibers that cluster like 500 Fill Power Down. Down alternative fill pillows tend to provide more support and stability than down fill pillows, which are softer. After being compressed, down alternative pillows spring back to their original shape faster than down pillows.
Down is a natural product, it is much more breathable in addition to being more sustainable.
- What is thread count?
Simply put, thread count is the number of yarns in a square inch of fabric. Higher thread count doesn't necessarily equate to higher quality; other factors, such as the thread weight and manufacturing technique should also be considered when selecting bedding.
- What is the difference between comforter fabric shells?
Royal River Trading offers comforter shells in a range of 100% cotton, downproof fabrics — guaranteed not to leak down or feathers — and Certified safe to the STANDARD 100 by OEKO-TEX®:
- Batiste is extremely light in weight with excellent durability
- Sateen offers a wonderfully soft feel and high sheen
- Damask is an excellent quality fabric at a great price
- Cambric is a basic weave with an excellent value
- How do I choose between comforter warmth levels?
Our most popular warmth levels are Summer and Level 1. To learn more, please see our Comforter Guide.
- What is fill power and how does it affect a comforter?
Higher fill power down is lighter, softer, loftier and of a better quality. Fill power measures the volume that one ounce of down occupies. Down clusters are larger in higher fill power down, so they trap more air and are more insulating, with less weight.
- How does the Temperature Regulating Comforter work? Can it still work effectively with a duvet cover?
The concept may seem extraordinary, but the science behind it is quite simple. As you sleep, your body undergoes periods of differing temperatures, resulting in a build-up of heat and humidity. Our Temperature Regulating Comforter uses hi-tech mesh fabric to transport excess warmth away from the body, preventing perspiration and bringing your sleeping temperature back to a comfortable range. During colder seasons, the two-layered climate zones work as a pocket, warming the cooler air to the same temperature as your body, allowing for undisturbed sleep.
Duvet covers may be used with this comforter. For best results, we recommend selecting one that is lightweight to maximize the comforter’s temperature regulating properties.