Use our simple guide to help you find the Cuddledown comforter that’s just right for your customers, clients and guests.
Step 1. Choose a Preferred Warmth Level
We have a comforter for every climate and warmth preference. If you need help making a selection, we recommend choosing a lighter weight, lower level comforter.
Our lightest weight, designed for the warmest climates and bedrooms
Light Weight Comforter (Summer)
One of our most popular warmth levels. These comforters can be used comfortably in a variety of room temperatures and are perfect for year-round use. (This warmth level is popular with hotels.)
Medium Weight Comforter (Level 1)
Our most popular warmth level. These comforters are as warm as one or two thick blankets, with the classic lofty look of a comforter. Primarily used fall through spring. (This warmth level is popular with hotels.)
Warmest Comforters (Levels 2, 3 and 4)
Level 2 comforters have additional fill for extra warmth, making them best for cool rooms. Warmest Levels 3 and 4 have interior fabric baffles and are designed for the coldest rooms or climates.
Step 2. Choose Your Fabric
All of our comforter fabrics are downproof - guaranteed not to leak fill.
- All comforters are box-stitched to prevent the fill from shifting
- Corner loops are sewn into each comforter for use with duvet covers. Simply knot the duvet cover ties around the loops to keep your comforter and cover secure
- Fabric baffles are sewn in Oversized Queen, Oversized King, and Levels 3 and 4. This keeps the top and bottom fabrics from touching, thus eliminating “cold spots.”
- Temperature regulating comforters are made with hi-tech mesh panels for ventilation
Step 3. Choose Your Fill Power
Luxurious Hypoallergenic Down or Premium Synthetic Fill
Our quality duck and goose down, mostly sourced from Europe and the USA, is thoroughly sanitized to reduce allergy-causing impurities. Or choose our premium, hypoallergenic synthetic fill with fibers that loft and cluster just like down.
What is Fill Power?
In addition to choosing your warmth level (above), you may choose your fill power – put simply, it's a measurement of how fluffy the down is. We measure the number of cubic inches one ounce of down will fill, so the higher the number, the larger the down cluster and the higher the quality for a lighter, softer comforter.
- Premium Synthetic Fill: Our hypoallergenic fill has fibers that loft and cluster just like natural down.
- 600 White Duck Down, or 600 White Goose Down: Premium quality down exceeding that of most American retailers.
- 700 White Duck Down or European White Goose Down: Softer and lighter than the best down sold by most department stores.
- 800 European White Goose Down: We use this special down in our finer quality pillows and comforters.
- 900 European White Goose Down: Exceptional in the world market. We research and only buy small lots that meet our strict standards.
- Exclusive 1,000 European White Goose Down: The finest down we've ever seen and we have the North American exclusive.
- Rare Eiderdown Fill: Prized worldwide for its unmatched warmth and lightness. Limited quantities available.
Cuddledown’s comforters are tested for harmful substances and certified safe to the STANDARD 100 by OEKO-TEX®.
Cuddledown takes pride in having been certified to the Responsible Down Standard (RDS) by Control Union, reflecting their longstanding commitment to the responsible sourcing of their down.