Welcome to the Royal River Trading website. We know you care how your personal information is used and shared, and we appreciate your trust in us.
By “personal information” we mean information that identifies you (such as your name, shipping address, billing address, telephone number, and email address). “Personal information” also includes descriptive information (such as your style preferences) if coupled with identifying information.
What personal information do we collect at our website?
There are two basic types of personal information collected at our website. There is the information you provide directly through the website and the information collected through technology.
1. Information Directly Provided by You
We may collect personal information directly from you such as your name, shipping address, billing address, telephone number, email address, credit card number, order information, and sizing information. This information may be collected in various places, such as when you visit our website and take any of the following actions:
- Place an order, fill out a form, subscribe to a catalog, or request information about our products and services;
- Participate in interactive features of the website or mobile applications, such as product reviews;
- Use a social media service or YouTube channel;
- Sign up for e-mails; or
- Enter a contest or sweepstakes, respond to one of our surveys, or participate in a focus group.
We may also collect information that you provide about people you know, such as a recipient’s contact information when you send a gift.
2. Information Collected through Technology
- During a normal visit to our website, we may collect information such as the amount of time spent on our site, the pages you visit, clicks, page views, browser type and version, service-provider identification, and IP address. Such information is collected in the aggregate and is anonymous in that it does not contain information that directly identifies you. However, such information may become non-anonymous to the extent that it becomes coupled with personal information provided by you.
- As you interact with our service, we and our service providers may place cookies on your system. Cookies are small files that are sent to your browser from a web server and stored on your computer for record keeping purposes. In general, cookies make the Internet more useful by storing information about your preferences on a particular system. They help us to improve our website, personalize your shopping experience, and provide you with better customer service.
- In addition to cookies, we and our service providers use a variety of other technologies such as web beacons or GIF tags to personalize your experience and gather information on how users interact with our website. This technology allows us to associate your online interactions, such as the pages you visit on our website, your purchase information, and IP-based geographic location, with the personal information you provided to us. The technology also allows us to provide features such as saving items in your cart between visits and delivering product recommendations that are relevant to your prior purchase(s) or browsing history. We also use this information for reporting and analysis purposes in order to improve our business, to market products and services on our website and other websites and over various media, and to deliver products and services to you.
- We may use third-party companies to serve ads on other websites. These companies may use information about your visits to this and other websites collected through cookies and GIF tags in order to provide personalized banner and display advertisements for goods and services when you visit other websites, based on your interactions and purchases. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice and to know your choices with respect to these third party services, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/ or www.aboutads.info.
- Most browsers include in the toolbar help section instructions on how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, and how to disable cookies.
How do we use the information collected at our website?
Personal information we collect at our website may be used to do things like the following:
- To process your orders and information requests;
- To improve customer service, whether it’s following up on an order or responding to a technical support request;
- To personalize your online experience with offers and content tailored to your individual preferences and needs;
- To improve our website, as we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you;
- To administer contests, promotions, surveys and other website features;
- To enable you to post your feedback and other content;
- To enable you to interact with third-party content and service providers, whether by viewing their content on our website or within their own environment, or by linking directly to their websites; and
- To market products and services for our various brands (such as adding to our or any of our sister brand’s email list or print catalog list when you make an online purchase).
How does our website interact with third party websites and content providers?
Our website may provide links to third party sites or display content provided by third parties. These sites and content providers’ own privacy policies and terms of site use will govern your experience on these sites or interaction with this content, and we encourage you to review these policies and terms of site use. Links or third party content provided on our website may include the following:
2. Sweepstakes, Contests, Surveys, and other Promotions
What information is shared with or accessed by third parties?
1. Service Providers
We use third parties to provide certain support services to us. These third party service providers do things like fulfill orders, provide customer service, process orders and payments, provide call center services, maintain databases, provide web hosting, print and distribute catalogs and marketing materials, administer and monitor emails, provide analytics, send mobile messaging, provide marketing services, and display advertisements on our website and other websites. For these and other functions, such third party service providers may receive or have access to your personal information.
2. Compliance with Law
We may provide access to specific information about our website visitors when legally required to do so, to cooperate with police investigations or other legal proceedings, to protect against misuse or unauthorized use of our website, to limit our legal liability, and to protect our rights or to protect the rights, property, or safety of our customers, the public, or our business.
3. Merger, Sale or other Transaction
What Choices do you have regarding the use of your Personal Information?
Your email address may be used to send you information and updates pertaining to an order, in addition to company news, updates, related product or service information, and special offers and promotions. You may stop future delivery of these emails by following the opt-out or “unsubscribe” instructions located at the bottom of each such email. Please note that opting out or unsubscribing to any of these emails will not stop your receipt of transactional emails (such as email confirmations of your online orders or customer service communications).
3. Cookies, Gif Tags, and Banner or Display Advertising
Cookies placed by us (first party) or third party service providers on our website provide us with important information on how visitors use our website, and enable us to deliver our ads on our website as well as other websites. You can block or clear cookies from your computer by following your browser’s instructions. To block online advertising which may appear on other websites based on your online activity on our site, you can click the preference icon that appears on most banner or display advertising. To learn more about your choices with respect to third party advertising, please visit www.networkadvertising.org/choices/ or www.aboutads.info.
How do we protect your information?
We take information security very seriously and use reasonable administrative, technical, physical and managerial measures to protect your personal information from unauthorized access. For example, we utilize Secure Sockets Layering (an industry-standard data transmission protocol) in order to encrypt certain data transmissions that contains personal information you send to us through ordering, or registration, or sign up processes.
No system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Accordingly, we cannot guarantee the security of your information and cannot assume liability for improper access.
How do you make changes to your personal information?
You may update or modify your account information by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by going to My Account at the top of this website.
Protecting children’s privacy is important to us. We do not collect or retain any information from anyone we actually know is under the age of 13, and no part of our website is targeted to anyone under 13. We also do not send email correspondence to anyone who tells us that they are under the age of 13 without their parent’s consent.
Children under the age of 13 should always ask their parents or guardians for permission before providing any personal information to anyone online. We urge parents and guardians to participate in their children’s online activities and use parental control or other web filtering technology to supervise children’s access to the Web.
Your California Privacy Rights
We collect various types of personal information about you during the course of our customer relationship. Under California law, California residents may make a written request to us for a notice describing what categories of personal customer information we may have shared with third parties or our corporate affiliates for those third parties or corporate affiliates’ direct marketing purposes. Upon receiving your written request, we may provide you with a notice describing how to opt-out of our sharing your information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
If you are a California resident and would like to exercise your rights under California law, please email your written request to: email@example.com
|Monday - Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (EST) |